Kilowatt Labs Sirius energy storage modules are the world's first Supercapacitor based energy storage system. Supercapacitor based modules are non-toxic and non-volatile and can be a direct replacement for chemical batteries.
CIC is a certified distributor and reseller of Kilowatt Labs products in the USA. We design energy storage and power management solutions that deliver unprecedented performance across a broad range of industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Sirius Energy Storage provides a safer and more efficient storage for peak shaving, arbitrage, and solar + storage applications. Supercapacitor based storage is the lowest cost energy storage system in the world.
Download Sirius product brochures and specification sheets here:
Sirius Advantage Over Chemical Batteries
|Supercap Cell Cycle Life (Projected)1||1,000,000||500 to 5,000|
|DC to DC efficiency (@25?C)1||99% (constant over life)||70% to 95% (degrades over life)|
|Useable Capacity (% of rated capacity)||100% (constant over life)||50% to 80% (degrades over life)|
|Temperature Range1||-30C to 85C||-10C to 30C|
|Operation outside Temperature Range ||Yes ||No|
|Max. Rate of Charge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Max. Rate of Discharge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Thermal Runaway||No Risk ||Medium to High Risk|
|Energy Density (Wh/kg)||70 to 807||70 to 1005|
|Disposal costs||Deferred ||Significant |
|Environmental impact of disposal||None||Significant |
|Warehousing ||No maintenance ||Periodic charging |
1 Performance may vary at different temperatures and at different C-rates.
2 Max. rate of charge and discharge is provided for a standard Sirius module. This rate may vary at different temperatures and for different Sirius modules.
3 Rapid charge of storage for EV's.
4 Rapid charge at 120C is not possible with chemical batteries.
5 On useable capacity basis.
6 Publicly available information. Manufacturer data may vary.
7 Supercap cell level.
Sirius Supercapacitors offer unprecedented performance.
- Can be deployed at any scale and in any location, independent of or connected to available infrastructure.
- When deployed in remote locations with no or poor grid access, can supply electricity from 100% renewable generation, reducing or eliminating dependency on fossil fuel-based generators.
- Can be deployed with any combination of generation sources from exclusively renewables to a combination of renewables and fossil fuel.
- Categorized as a long-term asset due to long cycle life of the storage.
- Delivers reliable and stable energy storage. In locations with grid access, can be deployed to reduce costs using time of use arbitrage. Syperior performance and cost savings make Supercapacitors the best choice for standby power for critical infrastructure such as wireless and data center applications etc.
- Anode and Cathode of same material
- Uses Faradic Capacitance
- Anode and Cathode are separated internally
- No parasitic reactance or thermal runaway
- 94% Graphene with 6% Lithium doping
- Lithium is used in trace amounts in diffuse layer
- Adds surface area to the Anode to store the charge
LITHIUM HYBRID BATTERIES
- Anode and Cathode of dissimilar material
- Uses chemical oxidation reduction (redox)
- Potential for thermal runaway fire exists
- Parasitic Reactance "plates" the Anode
- Up to 200 grams of Lithium per kWh stored
- Lithium exists in the liquid electrolyte of the battery
- As electrons exit the battery, protons move internally
Do Not Contain Any
And There Is
NO Chemical Reaction
while Charging or Discharging
Want to learn more?
Want to see how Supercapacitor Energy Storage could massively benefit you and your company? Let's talk. CIC is a certified U.S. distributor of Kilowatt Labs technologies supercapacitor energy storage systems. We look forward to hearing from you.CONTACT US TODAY