Kilowatt Labs Sirius energy storage modules are the world's first Supercapacitor based energy storage system. Sirius energy storage modules are non-toxic and non-volatile and can be implemented as a like for like replacement for chemical batteries for wireless operators, data centers and renewable energy based systems.
CIC is a certified distributor and reseller of Kilowatt Labs products in the USA. CIC designs and implements energy storage and power management solutions that deliver unprecedented performance across a broad range of industrial, commercial and residential applications. Sirius Energy Storage provides a safer, and better storage alternative to chemical batteries.
Sirius Supercapacitor Energy Storage offers superior advantages for wireless communication sites for less than half the cost of chemical solutions over their usable life.
Download Sirius product brochures and specification sheets here
Sirius Advantage Over Chemical Batteries
|Supercap Cell Cycle Life (Projected)1||1,000,000||500 to 5,000|
|DC to DC efficiency (@25?C)1||99% (constant over life)||70% to 95% (degrades over life)|
|Useable Capacity (% of rated capacity)||100% (constant over life)||50% to 80% (degrades over life)|
|Temperature Range1||-30C to 85C||-10C to 30C|
|Operation outside Temperature Range ||Yes ||No|
|Max. Rate of Charge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Max. Rate of Discharge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Thermal Runaway||No Risk ||Medium to High Risk|
|Energy Density (Wh/kg)||70 to 807||70 to 1005|
|Disposal costs||Deferred ||Significant |
|Environmental impact of disposal||None||Significant |
|Warehousing ||No maintenance ||Periodic charging |
1 Performance may vary at different temperatures and at different C-rates.
2 Max. rate of charge and discharge is provided for a standard Sirius module. This rate may vary at different temperatures and for different Sirius modules.
3 Rapid charge of storage for EV's.
4 Rapid charge at 120C is not possible with chemical batteries.
5 On useable capacity basis.
6 Publicly available information. Manufacturer data may vary.
7 Supercap cell level.
Sirius Supercapacitors offer unprecedented performance.
- Can be deployed at any scale and in any location, independent of or connected to available infrastructure.
- When deployed in remote locations with no or poor grid access, can supply electricity from 100% renewable generation, reducing or eliminating dependency on fossil fuel-based generators.
- Can be deployed with any combination of generation sources from exclusively renewables to a combination of renewables and fossil fuel.
- Categorized as a long-term asset due to long cycle life of the storage.
- Delivers reliable and stable energy storage. In locations with grid access, can be deployed to reduce costs using time of use arbitrage. Syperior performance and cost savings make Supercapacitors the best choice for standby power for critical infrastructure such as wireless and data center applications etc.
Want to learn more?
Want to see how Supercapacitor Energy Storage could massively benefit you and your company? Let's talk. CIC is a certified U.S. distributor of Kilowatt Labs technologies and is a licensed installer of supercapacitor energy storage systems. We look forward to hearing from you.CONTACT US TODAY