Kilowatt Labs is the manufacturer of the world's first Supercapacitor based energy storage system for use in wireless sites, data centers and solar systems. CIC is a certified distributor and reseller of Kilowatt Labs products in the USA. The company designs, manufactures and sells energy storage and power management solutions that deliver unprecedented performance across a broad range of industrial, commercial and residential applications, and facilitate the integration of renewable energy into conventional energy distribution systems, ultimately making reliable energy accessible everywhere.
Non-Wires Alternative: Centauri Energy Server + Sirius Energy Storage
Sirius Energy Storage provides a safer, and better storage alternative to chemical batteries. The Centauri Energy Server provides a superior power electronics solution in all applications-regardless of location, power requirements, and energy source.
When combined, Sirius and Centauri deliver an Alternative that offers unprecedented performance and meets the demands of most use-cases while unlocking the economic and environmental potential of renewable energy.
Sirius Advantage Over Chemical Batteries
|Supercap Cell Cycle Life (Projected)1||1,000,000||500 to 5,000|
|DC to DC efficiency (@25?C)1||99% (constant over life)||70% to 95% (degrades over life)|
|Useable Capacity (% of rated capacity)||100% (constant over life)||50% to 80% (degrades over life)|
|Temperature Range1||-30C to 85C||-10C to 30C|
|Operation outside Temperature Range ||Yes ||No|
|Max. Rate of Charge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Max. Rate of Discharge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Thermal Runaway||No Risk ||Medium to High Risk|
|Energy Density (Wh/kg)||70 to 807||70 to 1005|
|Disposal costs||Deferred ||Significant |
|Environmental impact of disposal||None||Significant |
|Warehousing ||No maintenance ||Periodic charging |
1 Performance may vary at different temperatures and at different C-rates.
2 Max. rate of charge and discharge is provided for a standard Sirius module. This rate may vary at different temperatures and for different Sirius modules.
3 Rapid charge of storage for EV's.
4 Rapid charge at 120C is not possible with chemical batteries.
5 On useable capacity basis.
6 Publicly available information. Manufacturer data may vary.
7 Supercap cell level.
Kilowatt's Sirius Energy Storage and Centauri Energy Server offer superior advantages for wireless communication sites for less than half the cost of chemical solutions over their usable life.
When combined, Sirius and Centauri enable unprecedented performance.
- Can be deployed at any scale and in any location, independent of or connected to available infrastructure.
- When deployed in remote locations with no or poor grid access, can supply electricity from 100% renewable generation, eliminating dependency on fossil fuel-based generators.
- Can be deployed with any combination of generation sources from exclusively renewables to a combination of renewables and fossil fuel.
- Categorized as a long-term asset due to long cycle life of the storage and long design life of the server.
- Delivers reliable and stable utility grade electricity. In locations with grid access, can be deployed at mission critical facilities that depend on uninterrupted supply: critical wireless infrastructure, data centers, etc. Centauri can operate connected to the grid, but island and switch seamlessly to other power sources in the event of an emergency.
Want to learn more?
Want to see how Supercapacitor Energy Storage could massively benefit you and your company? Let's talk. CIC is a certified U.S. distributor of Kilowatt Labs technologies and is a licensed installer of supercapacitor energy storage systems. We look forward to hearing from you.CONTACT US TODAY