Kilowatt Labs Sirius energy storage modules are the world's first Supercapacitor based energy storage system. Supercapacitor based modules are non-toxic and non-volatile and can be a direct replacement for chemical batteries.
CIC is a certified distributor and reseller of Kilowatt Labs products in the USA. We design energy storage and power management solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
Supercapacitor based energy storage provides is a superior product forpeak shaving, arbitrage, and solar + storage applications. Supercapacitor based storage is the lowest cost energy storage system in the world.
Download Sirius product brochures and specification sheets here:
Sirius Advantage Over Chemical Batteries
|Supercap Cell Cycle Life (Projected)1||1,000,000||500 to 5,000|
|DC to DC efficiency (@25?C)1||99% (constant over life)||70% to 95% (degrades over life)|
|Useable Capacity (% of rated capacity)||100% (constant over life)||50% to 80% (degrades over life)|
|Temperature Range1||-30C to 85C||-10C to 30C|
|Operation outside Temperature Range ||Yes ||No|
|Max. Rate of Charge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Max. Rate of Discharge2||1.7C (120C3)||0.1C to 0.5C (NA4)|
|Thermal Runaway||No Risk ||Medium to High Risk|
|Energy Density (Wh/kg)||70 to 807||70 to 1005|
|Disposal costs||Deferred ||Significant |
|Environmental impact of disposal||None||Significant |
|Warehousing ||No maintenance ||Periodic charging |
1 Performance may vary at different temperatures and at different C-rates.
2 Max. rate of charge and discharge is provided for a standard Sirius module. This rate may vary at different temperatures and for different Sirius modules.
3 Rapid charge of storage for EV's.
4 Rapid charge at 120C is not possible with chemical batteries.
5 On useable capacity basis.
6 Publicly available information. Manufacturer data may vary.
7 Supercap cell level.
ENERGY SYSTEM DESIGN USING SUPERCAPACITOR STORAGE SYSTEMS
- Supercapacitors have many advantages over Chemical batteries
- Designing a storage system using Supercapacitors is a little different than designing a storage system using chemical batteries.
- CIC can design your Supercapacitor based storage system. Click on this link to view a short demonstration.
- You provide the following:
- Load Profile
- Details of your power generating system (generator, solar, wind, etc)
- Anode and Cathode of same material
- Uses Faradic Capacitance
- Anode and Cathode are separated internally
- No parasitic reactance or thermal runaway
- 94% Graphene with 6% Lithium doping
- Lithium is used in trace amounts in diffuse layer
- Adds surface area to the Anode to store the charge
LITHIUM HYBRID BATTERIES
- Anode and Cathode of dissimilar material
- Uses chemical oxidation reduction (redox)
- Potential for thermal runaway fire exists
- Parasitic Reactance "plates" the Anode
- Up to 200 grams of Lithium per kWh stored
- Lithium exists in the liquid electrolyte of the battery
- As electrons exit the battery, protons move internally
Do Not Contain Any
Chemicals of or electrolyte
And There Is
NO Chemical Reaction
while Charging or Discharging
Want to learn more?
Want to see how Supercapacitor Energy Storage could benefit you and your company? We look forward to hearing from you.CONTACT US TODAY